Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Soup problems!!!

The other night I got home and got my bowl out and went to go get my pot of sour red cabbage soup off the windowsill, but, when I went to open the window, the window was frozen shut.

(It's been snowing the past few days, and temps have dropped a lot.)

I banged the window sill a lot, to no avail, and since I didn't have any other ideas, I banged it some more, also to no avail, so I started wondering whether that shit would be out there till spring, or the next warm day.

After a bit, I realized I could slide down the top half of the window, so I did that, and I was able to just reach the pot handles when I stood on the inside sill and leaned outside and down, so I was able to bring it inside and get my soup, and then I was able to fit it all in the fridge after re-arranging the fridge for 10 minutes.

Also, I was walking around my apt. in my boxers, so I was like half naked leaning out the window in a snowstorm getting a pot of soup off the window sill. I bet the neighbors would have raised an eyebrow, if any had been looking (though I don't think many can see).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should put your food in the fridge for safety reasons.