Sunday, September 13, 2009

Forgotton story of the black neighborhood bar: Defaced currency.

Somehow I forgot this -

A while ago when I was with one of my (white) friends at the black neighborhood bar, I took out my billfold to pay for drinks and when I pulled out several singles, on one of them I noticed that someone had scrawled in dark ink:

B R

And, when I looked closer, I noticed that the word "ONE" on the back was spelled in between on the dollar bill itself by the Treasury Dept. or the U.S. Mint or whoever designs and prints bills, so the bill then spelled out:

BONER

I showed the bill to the (black) bartender, who then showed it to the (female black) day bartender, who then showed it to a lot of other people, and everyone was yelling out "boner!" and chuckling, since everyone got a big kick out of it.

No comments: