Friday, September 18, 2009

Bar review.

Some friends of mine went out last Friday after I met them at a concert, and then barhopped till ending up at a Mexican nightclub till like 4am.

One of my friends who I had seen said her one memory was dancing with this really short guy, and her hitting her chin on his cowboy hat when he looked up at her.

Later in the weekend, though, I was at the student bar ran into a couple of the Spaniards who had gone along, one really tense Catalan guy who smokes a lot, and another, shorter guy who's his friend and who is in the Spanish lit program at my university ("Jesus"). I asked them how the nightclub was, and they immediately started complaining how you had to pay $5 for these little cans of beer.

"Shit," I was like, "How can the Mexicans afford it?"

They just stared at me, so I was like, "I mean, what sense is having a Mexican nightclub, if the Mexicans can't go there."

They paused some more, and then Jesus was like in strong Spanish accent, "My father ees Mexicahn.

After a pause, then, he was like, "Just keeding, mahn," and slapped my arm.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

That's pretty funny. But evidently not as funny as you find the fact that Jesús is a common Hispanic name.