Sunday, July 12, 2009

Banana / Video Game Dreams.

I had bought a ton of over-ripe loose bananas from the store like I do every week - they're 20 cents less a pound that way - and kept them on my kitchen table like always, and then the other day I noticed a puddle around one. As it turns out, it was so ripe that the juice inside decomposed and spread out on the table as this thick, rotting banana syrup, so I picked it up to throw it out, and as it squished open, the inside of the banana was kind of dry and mummified.

The other day I was thinking how I would buy a video game set before a tv, and how much I used to enjoy playing video games, when all of a sudden a recurring dream struck me: I was playing a Zelda game like on Super Nintendo, and there was this one field area deep in the forest where I knew there was a treasure hidden, and if you fell down a pit in the field you were in this really difficult cave-maze labyrinth thing that was like 7 levels and suspended in mid-air in darkness, and I could never find the treasure.

Thinking about this - for some reason it's been in the back of my mind for the past year, but I'd never really stopped to think and realize that it was a dream, and not a real video game - I also remembered that once I had a Mario Brothers dream, and there was this giant multi-colored pink and orange whale where there were levels extending out of its side and you had to hop up and down them as it rocked and went up and down in the water.

No comments: