Saturday, July 11, 2009

Got my hair cut on Tuesday.

On Tuesday I got my hair cut. Earlier in the day I was studying from home and I had remembered that I had a jug of sangria-soaked fruit left over from a bbq I had went to this weekend, so I shook a bowlful of fruit out and was munching on it while I studied, so I was a little hammered when I got there for my 1:15 appt.

Also, on the way over, I had my light yellow polo shirt on, and I noticed a bug sitting on my shoulder, so I went to flick it off, but since my motor skills were dulled, I ended up crushing it in a green streak across my shoulder.

Anyhow, I'm going a bit longer for summer, and having more texture in my hair. A friend told me I should do that, and Tennille said I should do it, but to know that I'm breaking the rules, since you should wear shorter hair in summer, and get longer hair in fall.

"So should I do?", I was like.

"Oh you should," she said. "I like to break the rules all the time."

I also brought her a pack of stroopwaffels from the Netherlands and gave them to her when I arrived. She was so happy to get them and was crowing over them and saying how nice it was and the other (black) hairdresser there was saying the same thing, to the point where I was getting a little embarrassed, so I was like, "You know, it's not that big a deal, it was like two-fifty for that," and Tennille nicely disagreed and was like, "Oh, but it's the thought that counts."

Tennille also was saying how a friend of hers from Atlanta arranged a tribute fashion show to Marilyn Monroe, and she went down for a few days and got to stay in a nice hotel and did all the models's hair. She said she does this sometimes for shows, and she gets the jobs through connections.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

It is the thought that counts.