Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Friday / Sunday: Sunday.

Sunday -

I went to this "African Festival of Life" in a big park on the other side of campus with a friend.

Waiting to go across the street to the festival grounds, this older fatter (black) woman who was standing under an umbrella and selling cookies out of a cooler on the corner asked us if we wanted to buy any cookies, so I grabbed my roll of fat under my shirt and was like, "No thanks, I'm trying to get rockhard abs for summer and that would set me back," and she laughed and was like, "Don't be shaking that at me! You should be glad you're not a woman, that will just melt right off you, not like me, nuh-uh," so I did end up buying two oatmeal raisin cookies.

The music hadn't started up at the festival, so me and my friend wandered around and got some food (a lot of jerk chicken and smoothie booths), and then wandered around the booths to check out the (black radical) merchandise.

One t-shirt said -

DESCENDENT OF A FIELD SLAVE

-while another was a picture of a smarmy Condoleeza Riced with underneath saying -

WHITEY trusts ME
enough to PUT ME
IN CHARGE
OF EVERYTHING.

There was also a lot of Michael Jackson memorabilia.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

Oh my God, those are some fantastic tshirts.