Thursday, April 16, 2009

Night Out (part I of III): Train.

So, I went to the northwest suburbs to see a Hungarian friend's wife who's an actress in her first production in this country, and since the place was a haul to get to on public transporation early, and I like daytrips, I went up early to find a coffee shop to study and then grab dinner.

Anyhow, on the commuter train up there was one seat open next to a really old man, and when I went to ask him to scoot out so I could sit down, it took him forever to get up, though he insisted on it when I said to never mind, I'd find another seat.

First, though, he asked what stop I was getting off at; he makes sure to sit on the aisle seat, and hates to get up for someone who gets off even earlier, though the way he said this very slowly, as if he had to collect his thoughts between every phrase, made me wonder if he was in the midst of a stroke.

Anyways, after a bit, I pulled out my new Buffy comic book and began reading, and after I was done in like 15 minutes, he asked me if that was a Buffy comic book I was reading, and when I said yes, he told me that his daughter was a fan, and had recorded them all on VHS, and still went ahead and bought the DVDs when they came out.

He then asked me more about the comic book, since his daughter's birthday was coming up, and then he added that he watched a few, but he never got into it.

"That actress, though...", he was like. "What is her name...? She is... What is her name...?"

"Sarah Michelle Gellar," I was like.

"Yes, that's right...", he was like. "She is voluptuous."

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

I always associated that word not just with foxiness but "bigness" in some way.