Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Got a new phone.

I got my new phone. I was all prepared to steel myself for losing all my contacts and my favorite text messages (I save all the fun ones), and it turns out I lost like half to two-thirds of them, which I was prepared for since I had told myself ahead of time that I shouldn't be so attached to material possessions, but it was what I wasn't prepared for that made me realize how much I like material things -

-- I hate the small buttons on my new phone, it makes it harder to text.

-- I hate how the menu displays only 2 contacts at once when you scroll down, whereas the menu on my old phone used to display 3 at a time.

-- I hate how the menu screen has these icons that rotate around and look cool, but you can't scroll through that shit as fast, which is annoying.

On the other hand, I now have a color monitor, which I made a dark, bright red.

What disturbs me most of all, though, is that my old model phone got better reception, had better volume, and is legendary for being able to last over a decade if you treat it right, and my new model isn't as good on any of these fronts, since the company stopped making the old model since it lasted too long and they didn't have a constant market for cell phones.

5 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Um.... Then why didn't you buy a different model?

el blogador said...

Because they all suck too. The more gadgets they have, the quicker they break (though none offered now is as good as the really old model).

JUSIPER said...

Thats crap.

el blogador said...

You mean, that you don't believe me, or that it sucks that the ones with more gadgets break quicker? I'm thinking of going on eBay to look for a new version of the same phone I had.

JUSIPER said...

I mean the Luddite notion that phones have gotten worse over time. You just chose a crappy one to replace your old (possibly also) crappy one.