Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Also forgot...

On Sat. I was at this one party at a grad student co-op, which had the coolest home-made bar ever, where they put six buckets full of specialty cocktails high up on a shelf and had siphons running down to shower-heads that would sit in special wooden mounts attached to a portable bar, all made out of two-by-fours, and you'd pay them $2 and you'd get a full glass of a really awesome cocktail... My favorite was the "Admiral Nelson", which was gin and something on chipped ice, with a lime and a cucumber slice on top.

Anyhow, I ended up talking to a (white) 30-something English teacher from a nearby school who was there. She told me about the time she got flesh-eating bacteria on New Year's Eve from walking around the city at 2am in new shoes and getting blisters which quickly popped, and then at a party afterwards at this dirty apartment in the hispanic section of town kicking her shoes off and walking around on her lacerated flesh because her feet were so sore.

Later that night I heard there was a band playing in a bedroom upstairs, so I went up and opened the door and there was like five people sitting on a bed watching a full bluegrass band in the corner, and my upstairs neighbor who I pretty much just only know by sight was on guitar with a harmonica attached to it.

No comments: