Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2 (black) women.

1) When I was shopping sales downtown with a friend on Sat. afternoon, I was trying on some summer-y collared shirts from the clearance rack, and when I came out in a brighter blue one with thin vertical dark pink/light red stripes in, the (black) manager with a headphone was like, "Oh that is nice, just look at that color, it pops", and she made this bursting motion with her hands outward from the shirt towards her eyes.

I then asked her about the second shirt I had found, white with thin red and pink stripes in it, and she thought it wsa nice too, but I asked her if it looked like I'd be selling cotton candy at a circus, and she thought for two seconds and then was like, "No, not at all."

Later, I discovered that I had left this really good store coupon that I had gotten in the mail at home on the kitchen table, so I went back up to the manager to ask if she could help me, and she called someone on the headset, figured out what the coupon was ($20 off any purchase $60 or over), and then said to tell them at the register that Lisa okayed it.

"Thanks!", I was like, and she was like, "No problem, candyman!", as I turned to go to the register.

2) On the bus coming back from downtown Sun. afternoon, I was boarding and the (black) driver kept beeping the horn and waving past me and being like "Hey! Hey! Hey!" and I thought someone was doing something behind me, but then someone behind me asked her what was up, and it turned out that there was someone dressed like a banana giving out free samples on the sidewalk, and she was trying to catch their attention so they'd come up and give her one too.

No comments: