Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Addendum -- Boom Boom Room etc.

I forgot --

I was super-embarrassed the first time I went to take a piss at the Boom Boom Room on Monday. No one was in the restroom except this old short shrivelled black guy who was the restroom attendant, and since I hate how they just hand you a fucking paper towel and you have to give them a dollar, I was hoping he wouldn't do that, only he did, so when I went to go throw him a dollar since he didn't look that well off anyways and it's a shitty job, two dollar bills stuck together since they were new, which I only realized when they landed in the basket, but my hand involuntarily went out to take back the other dollar bill, only I caught myself mid-doing that and retracted my hand. I really hope he didn't see that. The guy was really cool, too; we started talking and he was saying how a lot of the people who come are professional and he doesn't know how they stay up till all hours and then go to work the next morning, and I was like, "I imagine they do a lot of cocaine," and he was like, "I don't knwo what they do, but they must be doing something that works, since they come and do it every week."

On another note, the black homeless dude outside my house who knows I campaigned for Obama has started giving me the fist-bump every time I walk by.

On yet another note, I was sitting in my living room around midnight yesterday and saw something skitter out of the corner of my eye over by the couch, and when I leaned down to look under, I didn't see anything, and so I picked up my sandals which were by the couch to see if a silverfish was underneath, and it wasn't, so I squatted down and looked some more, only suddenly I realized that sitting by the couch leg like half a foot away from my eyes was a three-inch long silverfish, so I took my sandal and smacked it, only I missed its back legs, which twitched rapidly as the rest of it was just stuck to the floor, so I had to smash it again to make it stop moving.

But, I wasn't hammered yesterday night, so now I know that this shit does exist and is brazen, since it skittered across my floor while the lamp had been on for a while and everything.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

Did you know you aren't the first famous El? There was El Debarge, long before you.