Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Video: Hot Chip.

Hot Chip's "Ready for the Floor" has been gaining ground this summer, though I have very mixed feelings about it. I dislike most of the video, except for the painted chicks dancing, and I like the New Wave feel of the chorus, but I'm disappointed that the lyrics aren't

i am ready i am ready
for the fall


like I originally thought they were - the song would have been much more interestingly melancholy that way.

The other song that seems to be around a lot right now is Estelle (with Jay-Z)'s "American Boy". It's light and fluffy, and the summer-y feel to it is aided by the smoothness of her voice, which is high but not shrill. I think it's pleasant enough, and once again it seems like Jay-Z is everywhere.

Oh wait, that's Kanye West.

No comments: