Thursday, April 24, 2008

Songs / Overheard conversation.

When I woke up this morning, you know what song I had in my head?

Kylie Minogue's "Can't Get You Out of My Head"!

Yesterday it was the 'suicidal'-refrain of Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls", which is never a good song to be overheard humming to yourself around my campus, what with the not infrequent student suicides.

Walking into school today, there was this tall 20s white girl walking between a white guy her age and a 30-something serious-looking black woman, and I overheard this snippet of conversation from the white girl:

"...neti pot? I use one all the time..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you listen to the MTV version of "Beautiful Girls" the word suicide has been deleted.

el blogador said...

Really?!?!?! No way! It's kind of a sick refrain. The song was played at one of my friend's wedding receptions, and it was weird to have everyone around dancing singing the chorus drunkenly.