Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Friday karaoke.

So this guy I know and his wife have been really excited about going to karaoke... They both used to do it occasionally when they were single, but since they've been newlyweds, they haven't gone out at all, and since they found out about this good "last Friday of every month" karaoke at the gyros lounge downtown, they've been psyched and have had it on their calendars and have been planning ahead for it for like ever.

Anyhow, though, I ran into the guy yesterday, and he told me again that he and his wife are both really psyched for karaoke this Friday, but his mother-in-law is coming into town unexpectedly.

"Well," I was like, "A friend invited me to some other shit that wouldn't be as cool, so I could go do that, and some other friends of mine might be coming to karaoke too, so no matter what happens, I'm going to have plans for Friday night, so do what you need to do with entertaining your mother-in-law and don't feel bad about dropping out, we'll just plan for next month."

"Actually," he was like, "She wants to come along too, she loves karaoke. Is that cool with you?"

No comments: