Friday, March 14, 2008

"There Will Be Blood".

So I was hanging out a few nights ago with my one Arab friend, his little sister (=also Arab), his white girlfriend, and their other Arab friend, not to mention another white friend of theirs, and they had all just come back from seeing "There Will Be Blood", and they all loved it. I asked if it was bloody, since I've wanted to see it but have been hesitant since it seems violent, and my one Arab friend's little sister said yes, but she finds violence in movies affecting and likes it if it's done well, and she thought it was done well in "There Will Be Blood".

"But," my one Arab friend's white girlfriend butted in, "We all know they just liked the oil."

3 comments:

JUSIPER said...

I just saw it.

el blogador said...

What did you think? I really want to see it, but I'm afraid the violence would be too upsetting for me.

JUSIPER said...

I didn't find it all that violent.