Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Snot in a jar.

I ran into my 80-year old black neighbor this morning, the one who I recommended a neti pot to a couple months ago since she had been battling this sinus infection for five weeks that she just couldn't shake. It turns out that that helped for a while and her doctor was glad she was using it, but the infection is antibiotics-resistant and she just can't shake it, and for the past few weeks she's been so plugged that the water from the neti pot won't even come out the other nostril, so they did a CAT scan and are recommending surgery to clear her sinuses, they're so bad, and so she's scheduled now for a few weeks from now.

"Oh, I can't stand surgery," she was like, and she kept bitching about how she hates going through surgery, and isn't looking forward to this, though she'll be glad to have her sinuses clear.

"Well," I was like, "Make sure they put what they take out in a jar, so you can see it after and know it was worth it."

"I know," she was like, "Especially with how much I'm paying for it!"

She was serious, too.

3 comments:

JUSIPER said...

What? She's 80 and Medicare won't cover it?

el blogador said...

It does, but I think she has some form of nominal co-pay that she still bitches about.

el blogador said...

It does, but I think she has some form of nominal co-pay that she still bitches about.