Thursday, January 3, 2008

Went to the movies last night.

I went to the movies last night. I had accidentally left my student ID at home and it's still in the mail, so I told the girl at the counter what happened and asked her to give me the dollar off admission. My friend who I met there was like, "Look, he's carrying books," and so that inspired me to pull out my heavy duty library-bound copy of Hans Frei's The Eclipse of Biblical Narrative and slammed it on the counter in front of her. "Look," I was like, "Would anyone else but a student be reading this bullshit?" She gave me the dollar off.

At the movie theater I ate what I brought along with me, a banana and an orange and a hard-boiled egg. I think people around me liked the smell of the orange when I peeled it, but they hated the hard-boiled egg.

I also picked a crusty from alongside the inner rim of my right nostril and it looked nice and chewy, so I ate it, but I'm not sure if that counts the same as the food I had with me. I've always liked eating boogers and scabs, except the scabs you peel off your legs when they pull out hair with them; the hair you have to pick out of your teeth completely ruins the pleasant tough chewiness, which is almost like fruit bark, only more copper-y and less sweet.

On that note, I've already broken my New Year's resolution for the year, not to pick my nose in public. I'm wondering if I should switch to the other resolution that I had thought of: not to floss when drunk.

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

I didn't see this one coming.

el blogador said...

The booger-eating, the scab-eating, or the revised New Year's resolution?