Friday, January 4, 2008

Coffee shop happenings.

When I was walking to the coffee shop this morning this middle-aged black lady with like four little kids stepped off the electric train stop in front of me, and between talking on her cell phone and yelling at her four year-old to stop playing near the curb and put his damn hat on, she asked me if I had a lighter.

"Nope," I was like, and since there had seemed to be some expectation that I did, I was a little apologetic and was like, "I don't smoke."

"Good for you," she said.

At the coffee shop, this blonde yuppie woman in a peacoat who was ahead of me in line ordered her cappucino with skim milk, and extra dry. "That's a new parameter for coffee," I was like, and she explained to me that in a coffee drink, 'extra dry' means more foam and less milk.

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Foam is crap.

JUSIPER said...

At least she knew what parameter was.