Sunday, December 30, 2007

Manilow spiel.

My one Dutch friend who's very good at that sort of thing came up with a good spiel to use on the older women who'll be at the Barry Manilow concert I'm going to next week. He said to say that my girlfriend and I got in an argument, and that I'm here to try to understand her better, and if they ask why, say that she said I didn't understand her and she demanded I go, only I said no, and now I'm going shamefacedly behind her back and she doesn't know I'm there. He then said to say that I think I might know what she means, but then I should say a small criticism of Barry, like I feel like he's a little too smooth, and that way the ladies there will eat it up and be sympathetic to my plight and fall all over themselves to try to help me understand Barry better. He said a certain type of woman loves to insert themselves into relationships and be maternal in a quasi-sexual way, and I just have to bring it out of them.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

You do very well bringing it out of them without trying too hard.