Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Shorts - Coffee - Steps.

Since I'm going to a mini post-holiday part this afternoon, I put on my snowflake boxer shorts this morning to get me in the mood.

Yesterday I had a thermos full of coffee in my bag and forgot about it, so today I'm drinking it cold. Cold, stale coffee has never bothered me, and in fact I like it. When I was home over break, I'd leave a cup or two sitting in my parents' coffee maker overnight so it'd be waiting for me the next morning, but more often than not they were up before me and threw it out.

This morning coming up the library there were all these perfect footprints preserved in ice on the sidewalk; a few people had had heavy enough steps at a point where the snow was very compressable, so their footprints packed it solid and it turned to ice, and now the ice is the only thing left since the snow melted around it.

No comments: