Thursday, October 11, 2007

Talked with an actor: Jesus.

On the way home on the bus last night from dinner we had stopped at one point because a bus was stopped at the stop ahead of us, and then when we pulled into the stop, a hunched-over old black woman in a yellow raincoat got on, only her card wouldn't work and we were there for five minutes, so this 30-ish black guy with a closely-cut beard in a leather jacked was saying "what's going on?" with a few people around him, including this chunky 20-something black girl he was hitting on, so he was like, "1 2 3 'What's going on?'" and as soon as he said that everyone in our area yelled that up to the driver, and it turns out that the black woman in the raincoat was a nuts homeless woman trying to pass off an expired farecard and since no one would give her money she ended up having to get off the bus.

Anyways, after that I talked with the white girl sitting next to me, a short brown-haired homely thing with big tits in a lavender sweater and this zoned-out pleasant way of talking, and it turns out she was an actor, so I asked her about clothing and auditions (she says New York sounds like being in junior high all over again). She then asked me about what I did, and after I told her, she started saying that Jesus always struck her as a hippie. "He was like, 'Love everyone,' and, 'Gee, I don't have a place to sleep, so let's put up a tent here,' and 'Hey fisherman, come follow me!'", she was like.

"That's true," I was like, "but he also believed in an incipient eschatological kingdom."

"Really?", she was like, and then paused a bit. "Wow!"

After that, she asked me if we could be friends on Facebook.

3 comments:

JUSIPER said...

This has been an excellent week for stories. I hope you didn't actually say "incipent eschatological kingdom," because that would be one of the other reasons you're a dick.

el blogador said...

Actually, to tell the truth, I said "incipient apocalyptic kingdom", but in writing the post I changed my adjective so the description was more accurate than what I actually said at the time.

JUSIPER said...

oh. that's still bad, but not awful.