Monday, October 8, 2007

2 more silverfish.

On Saturday morning when I got up 6:15am to go put on coffee and get the heck out the door to proctor the GRE, a 2-inch silverfish skittered out from under the stove in my kitchen when I walked in there after flipping the light on, and I crushed it, leaving a big moist streak down the 1940s-tiling.

Last night when I came in, I picked up the upright IKEA lamp and shook it, as I've been doing for a week solid now with no result, and a 3/4-inch silverfish jumped out and sped under the nearby wainscotting before I could kill it.

Somehow, something in me likes my manner of dealing with the infestation. For one, it's environmentally correct, and for another thing, I think it goes against it inures me against material things, to have me not be tremendously bothered by what really are harmless insects living along with me.

No comments: