Monday, October 8, 2007

A dream: Paper-wedding.

I dreamed I got a wedding invitation from my friends who actually did get married this summer, only in alongside the invitation there was this double-sided swatch of colors, where each side was a row of alternating squares of color with words of good abstract values (e.g. "charity", "faith", etc.) printed alongside them. I can't remember the colors, except for a tasteful pale green in one row and a tasteful pale blue in the other, and each of those harmonized with the other color in its row, but the one row as a whole didn't harmonize with the other. Somehow someone then told me (though I wasn't in the room where I opened the invitation envelope) that this was part of a thing for the wedding, where you'd take it with you and choose a side to talk about with your neighbors in the pew ahead of you and the pew behind you, and get to know them, kind of like an icebreaker, only more meaningful. I also then heard that the bride would be wearing a paper dress, and I thought to myself that the paper-theme for the wedding had gone too far.

No comments: