Thursday, October 4, 2007

Dance Dance Dance.

Me and a masters student friend are doing Tuesday night dance lessons through a university club, though they have a professional instructor come in. This past Tuesday was the first night. The tango class was so much fun, we stayed for the samba; thankfully it was that order, because the tango was so encouraging, while the samba was frantic and I felt like you couldn't enjoy yourself everything moved so quickly.

An older Chinese couple was there, too, who had been drawn in because of "Dancing with the Stars" or whatever the fuck that show is called. I was really getting sweaty doing the samba, and the husband told me that you can see how someone from that show lost like ten pounds the first week from practicing the dance moves six hours a day.

One taller older lady from the community has a deeper voice and always zeroes in on me to dance. She has a deep voice and big wrists and always gives me advice on how to lead, so I think she might be a transsexual, though her ass is very round and seems naturally womanly.

One older stringy lady from the university press who comes also gives good advice. When I was saying how the samba was discouraging, she was like, "Yeah, the samba is tough, but" -- and here she paused and smiled -- "when it comes together, it's totally worth it."

No comments: