Saturday, October 6, 2007

Compensation for my impatience: Trolley talk.

Yesterday night I had to wait twenty minutes for the subway to go two stops and then I waited twenty minutes for the bus, all when it was too late and I was tired and I had to get up at 7:30am this morning. Like two seconds before the bus came, though, this trolley of drunken frat-type and sorority-type late 20-/early 30-somethings came by and were going "whoooooooooo!!!!!!" and waving to people and taking pictures on their cell phone cameras, and as soon as the red light changed and the trolley left, this smiley early 20s black girl in a Bubba Gump Shrimp Company uniform was like, "I like white people." A biracial woman ahead of her in line for the bus that had just pulled up was like, "Hey, watch out, I'm German and Irish," but as soon as she was inside the bus, the shrimp-girl turned to her friend and was like, "She's denying sumpin', wit nappy hair like that," and then was like, "And I didn't say anything bad, I like white people, they friendly."

3 comments:

JUSIPER said...

There's something confusing about this post.

el blogador said...

The black girl slamming the biracial one? Or the facetiousness of the black girl not coming through in the post? I liked her comment myself.

JUSIPER said...

You friendly.