Sunday, August 12, 2007

Went to the black bar near me Friday night.

I went to the black bar near me on Friday night with my one friend who was in town. The place has a good jukebox and I feel in touch with pop culture just by being in there. That night they, had, among other songs, Eminem's "Guilty Conscience" (loved it -- they sample Petula Clark's "I Will Follow Him" in the background with slightly changed lyrics, and the theatrical presentation of the scenarios is awesome, and the second scenario itself is kick-ass) and Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" (loved it; people have been telling me to listen to it forever, and I avoided it because I thought I'd hate it, but I do indeed love the 60s-flavored parts, especially the transition from the chorus to the verse and the incessant hand-clapping).

Anyhow, there was this black chick in there with this enormous ass who was dancing to everything, and this thin black guy who was circling her like a fly around a honey pot, while she just kept going shaking her ass. This one song came on, too, and she kept waving her hands on her head and then her shoulders and then her butt and then her shoes in order to the chorus, and at this one part she kept her frame all still and held her hands out together in front of her head and stared forward really intense, but somehow her ass was shaking two inches to either side back and forth really violently while she kept the rest of her body perfectly still. It was intense, and I asked my friend who I was there with if he knew what song it was. He was like, "If people are moving like that, I probably don't know the song."

As it turns out, it was Lil Boosie's "Wipe Me Down".

No comments: