Sunday, April 7, 2024

A return to where I live now:

1) I come home late at night after a vacation, and as I walk around the side of the house to go up front to the front porch to get all of my accumulated mail, I see a cluster of something white a few feet off the ground way up in front of me amidst all of the shadows and black, and as I get closer, I suddenly realize that it's spring daffodils, bloomed since I had left.

2) When I give a personally gift-wrapped bottle of special fruit wine to my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker, she starts tearing up, and after I give two jars of special fruit jams and preserves to my one (older) (Thai) coworker who's a whiz at the phones, I find out that though she likes baking and sweet stuff, she doesn't like jellies and jams, and so I think and then I tell her to give them back to me and I'll keep them around my house to give to other people later, and I'll go get her another replacement gift like dried fruit, which she does like and she does eat, she says, and so I also tell her to forget that I ever asked her what kind of gift she would like and would actually use.

So, she gives me back the 2 jars of special fruit and then I'm like, "And what did I tell you to forget?", and she looks at me and is like, "What? I don't know, I don't remember," and I'm like, "Exactly."

No comments: