Thursday, May 11, 2023

Caulking, redux.

Like a month ago, I was chopping up some vegetables on my one kitchen counter and some water from the washed vegetables accumulated on the board and then spilled on the counter, and though I desultorily wiped it up, I really didn't use soap or anything, and then the next day there were a ton of ants out there, where the water had spilled.

So, I began killing them and wiping down that area with soap, but they kept always being there, and sometimes would move into the upper cupboards there, to explore, too.

And, I noticed that sometimes they'd duck down to where the counter had moved away from the wall and broken the caulk, so I let my landlord know that, and I asked him to caulk there like he had done on the other side of the kitchen.

First, he explained that there's always ants around here this time of year.

Second, he asked if I had tried poison.

"I would," I was like, "But I try to avoid that as much as possible around food and where I keep my dishes."

So, he caulked, and, what do you know, the ants there mostly disappeared, and now have shifted back to appearing occasionally on the other side of the kitchen.

No comments: