Monday, May 8, 2023

Allergy effects (1 of 2): Fog.

From my seasonal allergies being so bad again this year, I'm noticing that I have this brain fog, like I can't really write, and the other day I had to make a trip to a far library on campus, only not to have my citations in order, so I had to go back and visit it again to get one more thing that I forgot.

This is part of the reason that I'm so so very cautious with Covid.

So much of what I want to do with my life involves really intense and detailed thought, and not only do I need to find as many clear brain hours as possible, but I also can't really risk any indefinite cognitive impairment.

Like, right now I can easily read generalist stuff that's not really related to my projects, but I can't read detailed stuff, and I can't really compose fresh analytic prose that easily.

No comments: