Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Allergy effects (2 of 2): Lack of energy.

With my bad seasonal allergies this year, I'm also getting really really low energy.

Like, on my days off, it takes me a few hours in the morning really to get enough energy together to go get ready for the day.

And, when I had two days off in a row, it took me all the way until the second day to be able to muster the energy to go give myself a super-close shave (something that I do every 2-3 days so my KN95 masks fit tight, so that I don't risk unnecessary Covid exposure with customers at the restaurant).

A part of me almost thinks that this is what depression must be like.

A few months ago, it was a beautiful afternoon and I was sitting out on the front porch reading and one of the college kids who lives upstairs in the front house came out (the dom one in that weird dom-sub thing that once happened between him and the other one), and we said hello.

And, I asked him how he was doing, and he paused and looked out and then was like, "I wish there was a word for it, when your depression is so bad that even good weather doesn't affect your mood."

No comments: