Monday, May 22, 2023

Another unhappy customer the other day:

A couple goes and sits outside, a (young) (white) guy with a baseball cap and a (blonde-ish brown) beard and a (young) (crisply-dressed) (vaguely brown) woman with a shapely bottom, and when they order, they each get drinks, and he gets an entree, and she gets an appetizer and a cup of soup and two entrees all for herself (one with extra meat), as I figure out from the way they put the order in and the way they don't want plates to share everything.

And, I automatically wonder, is she bulimic?

Anyhow, I bring the soup out when it's ready, and then I bring the appetizer out, and she's like, "I'm ready for my meal now."

And, I can't figure out if she's autistic like some of the STEM people we get in or what, so I'm just kind of blank for a second, and then she's like, "I want to eat this with my meal, I'm ready for the other food now."

And, I'm just kind of floored, since she never said that she wanted the appetizer served with the meal, and was it like she was just assuming that we had all of the other dishes ready in back ready to come out whenever at the drop of a hat, risking them becoming cold and nasty?

So, I said something like that we could do that, but we needed to know in advance at the beginning of the meal, and we would have put the order in differently, and that the main dishes were still being cooked and weren't ready quite yet, and I was sorry.

And, I couldn't read the expression on her face, but I apologized again, profusely.

When they left, the tip was like 20%, and, her food was mostly all eaten.

No comments: