Monday, May 23, 2022

Boardgame racket.

So, at my local library in the college town that I now live in, you can check out boardgames from the library.

I've been doing that a bit, and then one of them got recalled, and so I had to go and return a boardgame to the library for the first time ever.

The one (placid) (older) (light-skinned) (vaguely bohemian) (black) lady was at the desk, and there was a (younger) (stringy-looking) (stressed out-looking) (white) girl with her, and so I chit-chatted with them a bit about the boardgame system, and they said that people were usually very good, but sometimes stuff did go missing, so that when boardgames get returned, they have to count everything very carefully.

"So what do you do if something is missing?", I was like.

Then, they explained that they see if it affects gameplay, and if they can make something to replace it, or if they have to google the manufacturer and see if you can get replacement pieces, etc.

"Wow," I was like.  "That's a lot of work."

"Yeah," they were like.

"You know," I was like, "If people return them and there's something missing, you could always tell them something like, 'You know, if you give me ten dollars, I won't tell anyone,' and you could get money off of them. I bet you could make a lot of money that way, if you could keep it going for a while."

"I never thought of that," the one (placid) (older) (light-skinned) (vaguely bohemian) (black) lady was like. "But maybe I'd ask for five, ten dollars is too much."

No comments: