Friday, April 1, 2022

Addendum.

It's interesting, too, how my finances are back to where they were like fifteen years ago.

When I first moved to the city, the rents were so affordable, and it was a relief to be able to live simply by myself and to have all of this spare money so I could go out and go out to movies and even save up for an international trip every few years and whatnot.

And then, the economic crisis happened, and though I held onto my apartment and my habits, I couldn't really do the vacations anymore, but I put up with the grind since it seemed like a decent job with higher pay was always right around the corner, until it wasn't and it was clear that it really wouldn't be, unless I made some bad choices and got into some areas that I really, really hated, and wouldn't be worth it at all.

I remember, too, that when I first moved to the city, I'd have these empty days where I could be lazy and go do stuff and even sometimes it seemed like I had too much time and I'd be a bit bored, and I'm back to that state of mind, again.

Like, the other day I woke up and lazed around with a magazine and got caffeinated, and then I used my one language app in order to study that one (modern) language that I've been studying in order to maybe get dual citizenship while some beans cooked on the stove, and then before I packed up to walk over to the local library, I decided to have a bowl of the freshly cooked beans, so I just stood and ate that and looked out the window, as every once in a while I tried to remember some new vocabulary items from my one (modern) language lesson that I had just done, but mostly I just stood there and looked out the window.

And, the beginning of my day had been so long and full, and it was still only like the early afternoon.

It's really like time here just stretches out before you; it's wonderful.

No comments: