Thursday, December 30, 2021

New college town people (7 of 8): Bar customer.

In the college town that I now live in, there's several bars that are very spacious and empty, and so I've checked them out on early afternoons when they're first open and no-one is there, since Covid cases are low and I'm not working yet and so I can be slightly less neurotic than I have for the past 2 years.

And, at the one music one where a jam session was going on and there was a handful of customers spaced out, more people were coming in for the second act just as I was leaving, and this (sixty-something) (tight curly-haired) (white) woman moved with her friend over by me for the view right as I went to leave, and she asked what I was studying, and I told her, and then she asked what I worked in, and I told her, and it turns out that she's in healthcare too, and she teaches some classes at the local community college, and she told me that she doesn't believe in religion but she takes her inspiration from nature, and I told her about that recent scientifically-confirmed case of parthenogenesis in California condors, and she was like, "What's that?", and so I told her, and then she told me about this one case where a teenager came in with her mom just sobbing and was like, "But Mom, I didn't, I didn't!", and what do you know, her hymen was intact, and she also has taught sex ed in high schools, and young men's sperm is so strong, that one can actually climb its way all the way up your thighs and into your womb and get you pregnant, even if they don't put it in there, and so you know what that means, and all the kids were like, "Yes, Mrs. P!" (or a name like "Mrs. P"), "Don't have any sex unless you want to get pregnant!", and that's right, that can happen, and that's what she taught them.

Some bad weather was also coming in, and she told me about a snowplow that her ex-boyfriend from years ago used to have, and she pulled up some pictures of snow on her phone to show to me.

No comments: