Wednesday, December 29, 2021

New college town people (6 of 8): Mall event space.

When I was getting all the necessary stuff to the framers to get that one print framed, I passed through the lobby of this small mall that's just off downtown, and it turns out that on that very day they were having some indoor arts-and-craft market, which mostly turned out to be printed clothing items and some homemade lotions stuff, and one CBD oil stalls where there was this one (late middle-aged) (very wrinkly) (white woman) with wild eyes, who was selling this huge array of little bottles of differently-flavored hard candies that she'd made, as well as some other CBD stuff that I can't remember.

And, she was talking to someone as I walked by, and all slowly and seriously and matter-of-factly I could overhear her saying, "...and then I smelled something, and I go check, and my cat's on fire, I don't leave stuff burning around, but I had a candle going on the floor and she went by and her tail caught on fire, and I can't have that, you just can't have that, the last thing I need is a cat on fire running around my house..."

No comments: