Friday, June 18, 2021

Food stories (1 of 3): Hot sauce.

At the resthome, the one (Ghanaian-American) kitchen manager and I joke around sometimes, and like half a year ago when I saw her collecting some hot sauce bottles and she was walking around the back dining room with like 5 or 6 of them in her arms, I put my hand to my forehad and was like, "[Her name], just when I thought you couldn't get any hotter!".

Which, she chuckled at.

So, like a month ago, she was sitting out eating when I was finishing up my staff meal, and for some reason she had a bottle of Cholula and a bottle of Sriracha out on the small little table where she had set out her tupperware that she had brought in from home.

So, I made some perfunctory joke about hotness, and then I was like, "Cholula, Sriracha, [Her Name]... Which one is hottest? Five chili peppers!".

And, she rolled her eyes and laughed.

No comments: