Saturday, April 24, 2021

Remembering the early pandemic.

The other week, I was thinking back to the early pandemic.

Masks weren't recommended then, just social distancing, so it was a nightmare to be in subway cars, with just all of these people breathing all around you.

And, I was so nervous at work, that I'd rip out the puzzles from the local newspaper when I was at the resthome and I'd do those compulsively, and then when I had downtime at my one assisted living client's with disabilities, I'd do this sketching/art type puzzle in my one puzzle magazine that I subscribe to, that I usually would never do because it's detail-oriented and takes a long time and is kind of boring, but at that point in time I found it soothing, likely because it absorbed all my attention and made me not think at all about what was going on all around me.

No comments: