Sunday, April 25, 2021

Lambrusco.

For Christmas this past year, my one (Mexican-American) music instructor neighbor got me a big bottle of Lambrusco, as a thank-you for when I gave him a vinyl Joni Mitchell album that I had accidentally ordered online (I had meant to order a CD; it was Ladies of the Canyon).

And, I have to say, that shit is good, and I'm surprised that no-one ever talks about it, as a thing that exists out there in the world and that you can just go out and get and drink

(No-one ever talks about port, either, but that's another story.).

So, anyhow, the other week I went to go (safely) hang out with my one lawyer friend from Missouri, and she said we could have some wine, so I popped into a (hispanic) liquor store before going there, and I looked for some Lambrusco and I found some, and so I bought a nice cheap little bottle of that to bring over to her and open up for us.

(I also brought some off-brand gummis that looked intriguing, but that's another story.)

And, she had never had any before, and she liked it.

Anyhow, after some Lambrusco, I texted my one art school colleague who wears women's clothes and is a very theatrically inveterate drinker of Prosecco and I was like -

When life is back to normal and we're out again and you order a Prosecco, I'm going to tell the server...

 "You can get a Prosecco for that basic bitch over there, but I'll have a Lambrusco."

 - and, among other things, he replied -

Homeless people drink that.

 . . .

No comments: