Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Another quarantine precaution: Potential haircuts.

I've been needing a haircut and am tired of giving them to myself, but the barber shop in my neighborhood is almost certainly not keeping up any meaningful precautions.

But, the salon in the resthome has been starting to reopen two days a week, since that's now permissible under state public health department guidelines.

So, I checked around a few weeks ago if I could go there outside of work hours if I don't take any appointments away from residents, and a resthome higher-up said that that was fine.

You have to pay around the same as what you would elsewhere - it's not some service that comes with living at the resthome - but I figure that this is the best way to go; if any place is going to be careful and you can be sure that most employees and customers are vaccinated, it's going to be at the resthome where I work.

I could probably find another random place to go and get my hair cut, but how could you be sure of safety there, if you really don't know how they usually operate?

I doubt it; going to the resthome salon seems best.

No comments: