Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Comeback of a (Tibetan) coworker.

The other week, my one (Tibetan) coworker with an inappropriate sense of humor helped me out by doing something, so I thanked her in (Tibetan) over the walkie-talkie, and she said the equivalent of "You're welcome" over the walkie-talkie in reply.

And, since I was in the staff office when I was saying this and my one (blocky-built) (Tibetan) coworker was sitting at our staff table eating her dinner, I was like, "How do I say 'You're wonderful' in Tibetan?", since I was hoping that she could tell me quickly and I could follow up over the walkie-talkie with that.

But, she didn't understand what I was asking for at first, and the moment passed, so I didn't end up pulling that joke.

Then, later, all 3 of us were in the office together, and my one (blocky-buiilt) (Tibetan) coworker asked me out loud if I wanted to marry my one (Tibetan) coworker with an inappropriate sense of humor.

I didn't quite get what she was getting at at first, so I gave her a quizzical look, and then she was like, "Because you think that she is wonderful."

"Oh," I was like, and then I put on a voice and really loudly was like, "Of course I want to marry [name of our coworker], she is wonderful."

At that point, she was wiping down a counter, and without even looking up or missing a beat she was like, "No, I don't need you, I need money."

No comments: