Monday, September 14, 2020

3 stories of my one (edgy) (Ethiopian) coworker (2 of 3): Taste in food.

That same shift the other week at the resthome, me and my one (edgy) (Ethiopian) coworker found ourselves in the office before dinner, and even though I should have had to run off to go do something, I told her it was a busy day, and so I was just sitting down to eat something for five minutes before I had to go run off to do more work.

And, I pulled out some leftovers that our one (townie) coworker had brought in for everyone to celebrate her birthday a few days earlier; the cupcakes were gone - cream cheese frosting, some with slices of strawberry pressed into the top! - and I had brought home the buffalo chicken salad - pulled chicken breast with hot sauce and a little chopped-up jalapeno all mixed together with cream cheese, which the one (gay) (Texan) nurse had said was really good, and it was, especially at home chilled put on toast! - and so the only thing left was some shaved beef in au jus, and so I microwaved some of that in a mug and pulled out a bun and dipped it in the juice and ate that.

"[Name of our townie coworker] ate it like that, with bread," my one (edgy) (Ethiopian) coworker observed.

So, I explained to her that that's how you eat it.

"I like spicy," she was like, and she went to the staff fridge and pulled out a jar of giardenera (sp.?), then she shook some leftover tortilla chips in a bowl and then spooned the giardenera on top of that, and she began eating that.

No comments: