Sunday, September 13, 2020

3 stories of my one (edgy) (Ethiopian) coworker (1 of 3): Mandated training.

The other week at the resthome, my one (edgy) (Ethiopian) coworker asked me if I had started taking the 3-hour online training that work is making us take, to meet our training hours for the year that the state makes you keep up for your licensature or whatever they call it.

"No," I was like, "Not yet," and then I think I said something about how it was a lot of hours and I didn't want to spend the time right now.

"I don't like, it's too much, too long, like the Bible," she was like.

Later that shift, I told that story to my one (cool) (Muslim) (Ethiopian) coworker, and she just laughed and swatted her hand like she was batting something away.

"She's crazy!", she was like, laughing.

No comments: