Friday, January 17, 2020

Increased belly fat, and yoga.

I'm finally getting back to doing yoga like I had started doing years ago.

I started stretching out the other week, and I was shocked at how tight my entire neck area was, and how there were kinks in my spine when I went to go iron out my vertebra bone-by-bone, and by how I had practically no give in my inner thigh muscles, when I went to go sit with my feet together and my knees out and I slowly bounced my legs up and down.

I was also shocked by the amount of fat on my belly, when I was kneeling and went to go lean forward.

I'm in pretty good shape from how much I run around every shift at my one resthome job, but I also had had a hunch lately that I have a bit of belly fat more than I used to up on my belly.

After I finished the yoga, I gathered my fat in my hands, and there was more of it and it was farther up on my belly than it used to be; I used to be able to close my hands around it in a ring with my fingers out, but now I couldn't even do that.

What I can't figure out is if it's because I'm eating too much fatty foods, or if I'm aging, or both.

We'll see what's there or what's left after I get into more of an exercise routine than I've been in this past couple years.

No comments: