Monday, January 13, 2020

Effect of erratic hostilities towards Iran.

Like last week, right after the assassination that 45 ordered, it seemed that everyone around me was just in a visible funk.

At the resthome, for example, this one resident who's a retired professor said he was very worried, as did a (Japanese) woman who lives there, and a (Tibetan) and a (Mexican) coworker of mine; my one (Tibetan) coworker, the one with an inappropriate sense of humor, said she even turned on the TV every chance she got, whether it was right when she got home at night or right when she woke up in the morning or whenever.

It's always been bad with 45, but just the utter uncertainty and unpredictability at the international level with something as grave as war is just totally disconcerting, and this in particular seems to have affected a lot of people around me.

I noticed that one night after the assassination, too, that I didn't sleep too well at night and I woke up several times, probably because I'd imbibed the anxiety around me all day and it affected my sleep all night long.

It's like I've been telling people, when you have someone mentally ill in the family, it filters down and affects everyone in it, only now this is happening across the entire country because you have a person like that in the White House.

No comments: