Sunday, April 21, 2019

Standing invitation with a resthome resident.

Lately I've been working Fridays at the resthome, and this one resident who I help last in the night watches true crime programs on that very same day, and a few times I'd been helping her and she got distracted and so I had to keep my ears open and summarize the program for her so she could go back to watching them and understand them once we got done with whatever we had to do.

One night, the show was really good, and so after I got done helping her, I asked if I could sit down for fifteen or twenty minutes or so and watch it with her, since I didn't have anything else to do till end of shift.

So, we did that, and we enjoyed ourselves a lot.

Since then, if I work a Friday, it's become our routine, and she says I have a "standing invitation."

The best part is that sometimes with her memory issues she has a hard time following stuff, so I catch her up right before it comes back to commercial, with what the status of the case they're presenting is and where it was going right before the show cut to commercial.

No comments: