Friday, April 26, 2019

Post-campaign realizations/resolutions:

1) After the campaign, I've realized between that and jobs and everything, that I often feel that I have less and less control over the ability to shape my life, and that a lot of that is due to inequalities in inherited wealth and social class, and how I got diverted down the path of elite careers that in retrospect I needed more money for, to truly be a competitor, as our economy's and our country's evolved even since my youth.

2) After the campaign, I've realized that I'm no longer going to do get-out-the-vote for local elections where it's someone who could self-fund the initial campaign start-up.  I see that now in terms of classes of candidates, and it would just be weird for me who lacked the resources to properly fund my start-up, to go and volunteer for someone whose equal I am, or better, and the only difference is that they have the money to "be that person" and I simply didn't...  Yes, they're probably a better candidate than their opponent and so they need help and I'd be better off if they got into office, but it's one of the only ways that I can revoke my assent from our ossifying class system in our country, so that's what I'm going to do, nothing personal.  It's more of a dignity / self-respect thing, not them, nothing personal.

No comments: