Thursday, April 25, 2019

Happy resthome news.

The other week was the one resthome resident who wants to die's wedding anniversary.

Even though her husband's been dead for years, it's her tradition to watch a DVD video transfer of their 50th wedding anniversary party on the day of their anniversary, and she's been doing this for years on that day.

This year I guess was the first year that she forgot and didn't even notice the actual day and what day it was, but her kids called her up to remind her and she ended up watching the DVD thanks to them, even though she had forgotten about it.

I put it in for her in the evening, then, and even when I was digging it out from all her stuff, she just had this broad smile on her face like I haven't seen before, and it was there for the entire time that she watched the video.

I've simply never seen her so happy.

Many of her friends and relatives were dead, and I don't think she even was listening to their speeches and whatnot they were giving, but she was just watching their presence again, since it'd been so long, and it just made her so happy.

No comments: