Tuesday, October 30, 2018

A dream of an apartment, and friends.

The other week I dreamnt:

I'm in the foyer of a house, and up to my left is a white carpetted staircase that jags left up the wall and then around right to a second floor that I can see up above extending out to my right, and it's all carpetted in white with no railing but maybe a little copperwork as sort of an open doorway in the middle, all sitting smack dab crosswise on top of another door on the floor below, that's in front of me in the foyer and down a few steps.

I walk up the stairs to my left and then turn to the copperwork, and it makes a low doorway, and there's a gap in the floor not quite a foot across, and beyond that the back of a white chair is pushed up tight to the edge of the gap, and I can see that in the room beyond it's the end of one row of similar chairs and there's another row facing it, all over to the left into the room on the second floor that I could see a bit from the foyer..

I somehow lean through and push the back of the chair and move the chair away from the gap to make some room for me to get to the other side, and between the gap and my having to bend over to get through the door, I'm really really scared of falling, and I don't know why anybody would set up a door like that, where there's a gap in the floor right where you're trying to get through.

Next, I'm somehow through, and I see over to my left my one art school friend who wears women's clothes slouched down in one chair, and across from him my one Romance Languages coordinator friend, and they're laughing and joking and discussing some movie they saw about Zimbabwe, like everything was normal and they hadn't noticed the fright I'd been in, getting through the weird doorway.

Then, I woke up.

. . .

No comments: