Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Two nightmares from the same night:

1) I'm in a stall in a large cavernous restroom that's massively tiled, and I have bits of yellowish vomit all over my shirt and pants.  I can't smell it, though I feel like I should be able to, and I take off my pants to go outside the stall and wash them off in the sink, but I'm afraid that men coming in from the formal event will come in and see me at the sink in my underwear and wonder what's happening, and so I wait in the stall, unsure what to do.

2) I keep rechecking stats on the rough hourly pay from my adjunct gig at the art school, and every time I think I've gotten it right at last, but then when I look at the figure again, I realize that I was massively lowballing it, and I'm fearful that if I don't get the calculation right before it gets into print, there will be an outcry and all my writing will be delegitimized.

. . .

And then, I WAKE UP.

No comments: