Sunday, February 19, 2017

Got a plant clipping, and 2 compliments.

My one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend (the brother of the brother-sister pair who are friends of mine) has a lot of houseplants and has been growing a lot of clippings, and when I mentioned that I should get some houseplants for my new apartment, he said he had a really good plant that grew like wildfire in indirect sunlight, and he'd make me a clipping.

I picked it up on a night when I was taking public transportation home, and on the bus, this (black) (kind of crazy eyed) (middle-aged) (homeless?) guy was like, "Nice plant," and then started talking about plants and how they work.

Later, when I was waiting on the subway platform, a (black) (middle-aged) woman was like, "That's a nice-looking plant."

I guess the sight of me carrying around a plant clipping in a clear plastic jar so it didn't spill or get damaged was remarkable.

No comments: